Trusted By Families

Helping Butler county families resolve their legal matters for nearly two decades.

We Can Help Protect Your Rights As A Father

Under Ohio law, an unwed father has very few rights but a significant amount of responsibility. The sooner you file the proper motions to establish your legal rights, the better off you will be. Even if you and your child’s mother are on friendly terms, official documentation is vital to protecting your future relationship with your son or daughter.

At the Law Office of Kristen L. Campbell, LLC, we represent men in Hamilton, Oxford, Fairfield and throughout the area. Attorney Kristen L. Campbell has more than a decade of legal experience working with Butler County magistrates and judges to establish and uphold fathers’ rights in divorce and custody disputes. Call her office for your initial consultation at 513-895-0030.

You Must Legally Establish Paternity

With today’s DNA tests, it is not difficult to determine whether or not you are the father of a particular child. However, simply knowing you are the father is not enough to gain your parental rights under Ohio law. In this state, an unwed mother has sole custody of her child until a court becomes involved. This is true even if you are listed on the birth certificate, and even if you are already paying child support.

If you need to establish paternity to obtain custody or visitation of your child, attorney Kristen L. Campbell can advocate for you. She practices in Butler County Juvenile Court on a regular basis and is very familiar with the process.

Maximizing Your Chances In Court

You can take a few steps to potentially increase your chances of gaining custody or visitation rights in Butler County. The first step is to take action to legally establish paternity. The second is to document:

  • Your request for parenting time
  • Your actual parenting time right now
  • Your child support payments
  • Any other types of support you have contributed

Schedule Your Initial Consultation

To learn more about how to strengthen your legal position and protect your relationships with your children, schedule an initial consultation with our lawyer today. Simply call 513-895-0030 or contact us online.