Trusted By Families

Helping Butler county families resolve their legal matters for nearly two decades.

Is Your Divorce Uncontested?

Is your spouse refusing to participate in the divorce process? Is he or she being uncooperative? Or maybe you can’t locate your spouse. In Ohio, you can still proceed with a divorce even when one party to the marriage is unwilling to proceed. Going through a divorce is considered by many to be one of the most difficult life experiences a person can go through. When you are trying to work through this kind of stressful life event, having an experienced and caring divorce attorney on your side is invaluable.

Caring, Responsive Representation You Can Trust

Law Office of Kristen L. Campbell, LLC, assists clients with uncontested divorce proceedings and other family law matters. Attorney Campbell is known for the care and attention she gives to each of her clients’ cases. Call her Butler County law office for a consultation to discuss your legal needs at 513-895-0030.

What Is An Uncontested Divorce?

Uncontested divorce occurs when one spouse is either not available or not willing to participate in the divorce proceedings. If you file for divorce in Ohio, your spouse has 28 days to respond to the filing. Their response is called an answer. Once the 28 days is up, if there is no answer, you can request that the court proceed with the filing as an uncontested case.

What If Something Changes During The Process?

The court is very flexible on this. If you are in the middle of a trial, for example, and you and your spouse decide to work things out more amicably, the divorce decree can be changed. If you and your spouse now agree to all terms of the divorce, an uncontested divorce can be converted to a dissolution. The court encourages cooperation between divorcing couples. It saves you time and money, as well as the stress and mental strife.

Changes to motions can be done by making a motion to change the decree before it is made final. In any event, a judge must sign any order to change a decree of divorce.

What Is A Separation Agreement?

A separation agreement is when couples put in writing the way they agree to handle the areas of their divorce, including:

  • Deciding division of assets, including the marital home and other assets
  • Plans for parenting time
  • Where the children will live
  • How child support payments will be handled
  • How any existing debt will be addressed
  • If spousal support will be paid and for how many years

Couples sometimes enlist the help of a mediator to come to agreement on these issues. If couples can’t agree on these issues, they will have to go to court and a judge will decide the issues.

Set Up An Initial Consultation

If you want to work with a caring and compassionate attorney, but also one who is not afraid to be tough when warranted, call divorce attorney Kristen L. Campbell in Hamilton at 513-895-0030. You can also email her law office to request a meeting.